cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

4evr0
New member | Level 2

So many complains have been sent from so many people. But Dropbox still dropped the ball and didn't solve this! It's ashame !

Michael E.32
Helpful | Level 6
Unreal. Hundreds of posts over several years. Dozens of tickets, screenshots, videos, forum posts on other sites... even a call out by a YouTube tech blogger. And every single response by the Dropbox team has been “come again”?

CaptSpalding
Helpful | Level 6
It is outrageous that after years of dodging this question you simply ask us to submit another ticket.

sjm88
Helpful | Level 6
I’ve been receiving email updates on this thread for years, and had zero resolution. I just thought I would drop by to say I finally decided to leave Dropbox after 10+ years of feature bloat and poor service, and OneDrive has been excellent so far - better web UI, selective sync by default, cheaper, bonus Office license with live collaboration - and... !!! favourites works as expected in Files.app without fail.

Dropbox was buying corporate statues, funding garish visual rebranding and ignoring its core features and users, while all its competitors just kept getting a bit better over a long time. Hope it changes, but I won’t be sticking around to find out.

Best of luck all - and FYI it’s really not that hard to transfer all your files into another service. I would have done it years ago if I knew.

Jamesore
Helpful | Level 6
I'm going to look into this too. Thanks sjm88

4evr0
New member | Level 2

BTW, which service are you moving to and why it's better than the DroppedBox?

billrey
Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox, fix this. Now.

0umar
Helpful | Level 6
You’re right. I’m a very long time Dropbox user (10 years). There’s no point waiting for something from Dropbox. This bug pisses me a lot, makes me waste time. We must be more reluctant to switch to other solutions. For the part, as I'm a E.U. resident, I'm testing pCloud which seems to be a good alternative

JohnnyR
Helpful | Level 5

Having read all the replies from the team at Dropbox about wanting everyone to create a ticket and seeing that this issue hasn't been fixed after so many months, I've come to the conclusion that Dropbox doesn't seem to care about this bug. When so many users have this issue, it can't be hard for them to recreate this issue themself. I have therefore decided that our team will be shutting down our business account with Dropbox and move to another provider.

vibrans
Helpful | Level 6

Seriously, Dropbox, why is nobody responding to all of this? As a communication consultant I am about to send you a quotation on improving customer communication. The infuriating part ist that we all feel like you don't care!

Need more support?