cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "A JavaScript error occurred in the main process"

"A JavaScript error occurred in the main process"

gherson
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Initially Capture was working on a Windows 10 laptop, then I believe that the user attempted a reinstall of Capture without realizing it, and now the laptop is unable to run Capture:  Javascript error "Uncaught Exception:  Error: \\?\C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\dropboxcapture_90.0.5.0_x64_wkt425jdc3sga\app\resource...\apex.node is not a valid Win32 application." etc. immediately appears every time.  I haven't been able to fix this despite rebooting, Capture - Repair and Reset, and multiple re-downloads, removals, and re-installs of Capture. 

14 Replies 14

timecapsuleid
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I encounter similar issue with this. I'm using mac but still on sierra 10.12.4. I've tried uninstall and re-install the app, but same error still occured. Anyway to fix this?

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 12.53.16.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @timecapsuleid, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you maybe update your computer's OS version and try again?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Bram S.1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello.  One of our computers is having the same issue. It's been updated to the latest version of Windows 10 with all the recent security updates.  I have rebooted many times, I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled.. i have used the installer from dropbox.com/capture and also the Windows Store. Same result.. installs. but at launch, the same Javascript error.

Please advise.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Bram S.1! Just to clarify, did this issue occur right after updating your computer to the latest Windows 10 version? 

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer

Hello all,

We released a fix for this issue on July 6th, 2023 in v103.9.0 of Capture.  For anyone who experienced this issue before that date, please try installing Capture again from https://www.dropbox.com/capture 🙂

Need more support?