cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What’s new: Scanner App

What’s new: Scanner App

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

There’s nothing worse than forgetting an idea, or losing an important piece of paper. The one thing we never lose, and usually don’t forget is our phone - so now with the Dropbox Scanner App, you can save, organize, and share important documents right from your phone. Dropbox Scan is a standalone app that lets you quickly transform all your physical documents into high-quality PDFs. It’s everything you love about doc scanner in the Dropbox app—but even faster and easier to use. The app is available to iOS users in English-speaking markets, and you can sign into Dropbox with your corp email or a Basic, Plus, or Professional account. Whatever the situation, whether it’s a piece of paper, a receipt or even a whiteboard of notes, you can conveniently save high quality scans to Dropbox.

Scanner app .png

• Receipts - Take the pain out of your next expense report, and save receipts as you go. 
  • Whiteboard drawings - Never feel rushed in a meeting or presentation again. Just use the doc scanner, and an image of the whiteboard will be uploaded as a PDF or PNG to Dropbox.
  • Contracts, bills, and invoices - Now your filing cabinet can be digital, and take up a lot less space. And of course, you can share it with others who need access. 
  • Photos - We’ve all taken a photo of a photo, but now you can scan them and keep them safe, with the same phone - just better results. 
  • Business cards - Never lose an important connection! Easily upload business cards from meetings, conferences and trade shows—right from your mobile device.
  • Magazine clippings - Instead of ripping out a piece of a magazine or newspaper scrap you will inevitably lose, just scan the page or excerpt into Dropbox using the document scanner.
  • Personal cards and notes - Scan those thoughtful personal notes into Dropbox for keepsakes without the clutter.
  • Handouts - Scan in materials from classes or seminars for easy reference— they’re a lot less likely to get crumpled or torn in a digital setting! 
  • Napkin sketches - Never lose your next big idea again.

There’s a Smart crop feature, Smart folder suggestions based on where you've saved recent scans, and you can even edit the scan for clarity! 

You can probably tell we’re a little excited about this one! Which of these uses are you excited about? 
48 Replies 48

T111
New member | Level 2

When will an Android version be available?

lenmac
New member | Level 2

None of the new suggestions really appeal to me.  The programme is of little use to me as the things that are important to me I am unable to find on my hard drive.  They are there, i.e. my 2500 contacts and my email.  The two most important things for me but where are they?  Not easy to find like photos or docs.  What about an easy video for those less familiar with modern tech?

Team Harris
Helpful | Level 5

When is this going to be available for Android?

I have never understand why companies develop an app to only be available for ios user before it is available for Android. It's as if Android user are second class.

Vdg
Explorer | Level 4

Just downloaded the app tonight. Tried to use it to scan some receipts for an insurance claim..  got 2 ok scans, 1 barely acceptable and the last I just gave up after over 10 tries and no useable scan.  It is something wrong in the conversion to pdf , because the initial capture looks ok.

this is a great idea and I love that it connects right to Dropbox.  I often have trouble saving directly to Dropbox from my iPhone or iPad.  I probably won't use until it is fixed.

pamee48
Explorer | Level 3

I tried to locate tris App on my andoid phone in Playstore but couldnt find it. Where is it?

Chewbyka
New member | Level 2
This forum is just users talking amongst ourselves Dropbox isn't reading or not bothering to respond. Simple question, when will Android app be available and no response. Waste of time.

Kjohns
New member | Level 2
Convenient, but poor quality scan. Check out CamScanner: http://cc.co/16WuWg

Amy
Community Manager

Hi everyone, thanks for your interest! Currently the iOS app is available to download, and we’ll let the team know of the interest in an Android version.

pamee48
Explorer | Level 3
Spoiler
Why is it not available on android phones, not all of us can afford an Iphone
Need more support?