cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Has the RSS feed been removed?

Has the RSS feed been removed?

kimprisk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I am looking for the URLof the RSS feed. I have 'Enable RSS feeds' turned on under my account settings.

Some people have suggested their is an orange icon in the 'event' page that one clicks to view but I see no such icon. The events page can only be viewed by changing the  url in my browser to events.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

As this is an old thread returning, Iā€™ll be closing this post.

However, in response to your queries, since RSS feeds were removed almost a year ago, itā€™s unlikely that theyā€™ll make a return.

Regardless, what I can do is forward your feedback to our dev team for their awareness that some users would like to see a return of the feeds. You never know if you don't ask...

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

kimprisk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I did not initially notice that the 'Enable RSS feeds' is under 'desktop settings'. Maybe it is not possible to get the URL of my RSS feed?

MarcForrest
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It seems since the new dropbox design rollout RSS feeds are no longer available. There is talk about rolling back to the previous design, but this also seems like it is no longer possible

How do we get RSS feeds for specific shared folders like we used to be able to ? 
Or alternatively is there a way to track and get emailed when someone updates a file in a specific shared folder ? 

Thanks

Marc

MarcForrest
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm having a similar issue. Have you managed to find out how to enable RSS feeds yet ? 

kimprisk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

No I have not. I am thinking that this facility has been deprecated or removed. it is strange that no amount of googling brings up a reference to that action though. i have had to resort to Zapier to achieve what I want.

MarcForrest
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I've also been googling with 0 success. I needed the RSS to monitor when a file changed or was updated. Doesn't seem Zapier offers that out the box and you still need RSS to do it....

kimprisk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

you are correct. Zapier only says that there is a new file available. maybe you could have a process running on your PC that says there is a change to a  file and that creates a new file in some Dropbox folder on your PC which in turn is reflected in Dropbox.?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The RSS link was once found on the Events page, but with the redesign of the site it seems to have been removed. Even the link to the Events page itself is gone, though the page is still acecssible. Mention of the RSS feature was removed from the help center long ago, so the feature was likly deprecated back then and finally removed with the recent updates.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Unfortunately Rich is right. The RSS feeds have all now been deprecated.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

kimprisk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I wonder what the mechanism is that sends the desktop notification to (in my case) Windows? Would this use RSS ?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    VDS Helpful | Level 6
    JerryFraley New member | Level 2
    kingwinter New member | Level 2
    Imagtor New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?