cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

How to Clear or Remove the Recent file list in mobile apps

Swe T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to clear all the Recent file list, there has no clear function please advise how to clear the list.
Thanks & regards

Swe Tin

310 Replies 310

BrasilWill
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

same here! We can now at least hide the recents. Tested in iOS only so far. Thank you!

AkPaparazzi
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Beyond disgusting that we have to put up with forced recents with this app.   Unethical at best. I want a DropBox that allows me to set It up  the way I want to use it . NOT the way the moron programmers have set-up there  proverbial spyware 

JDsantos
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I’m fully updated on iOS and still don’t see the “hide recents” feature. Combined with the inability to hide photos or photo thumbnails it’s blatantly obvious Dropbox has no regard for privacy features. If this isn’t fixed by iOS 11 launch I’m migrating everything to OneDrive and taking as many people as I can with me.

jac45db
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@JDsantos: The hide recent feature now (happily) appears on my iPad (iOS 10.2.1), but (sadly) not on my iPhone (iOS 10.3.3).  

Both iPad and iPhone were updated to run the same (new) DropBox v.62.3 app which released on August 31st.  

I am reporting the oddity/bug to the Dropbox development team now.  I'll keep you apprised you as  details arrive.  

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all

This thread may interest you in regards to the 'hide recents' - https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Mobile/Previous-Dropbox-ipa-file-Downgrade-app/m-p/240403#M95

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Bliss G.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

"The option to hide Recents was not removed permanently. It's been temporarily disabled for some users as we investigate a crash, and should be re-enabled soon."

"Soon."  

Here goes another 2 years guys! 

Marco L.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Not being able to disable "Recent Files", neither in the desktop nor in the mobile app of Dropbox, is a major UX and privacy issue. I am considering moving out to Google Drive.

f1justin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Also need the ability to hide certain folders from populating the recent list.  I have settings files and other stuff being automatically copied into Dropbox that complete junk up the recent list to the point that I can't even use it for files I'm actually working on.

Baishan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I don't understand why this feature was ever added without the ability to turn I off. It actually pops up in work everything I look at at home without the option to clear it. Major privacy issue. Why on earth would I want this?? I've always used Dropbox to backup and sync files between devices. Not as some social platform to show everyone every photo I view. Going to cancel my pro account unless this is fixed!! 

helpers
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is a serious problem. I would not have used Dropbox had I known about this oversight.

Used Mobdro App for Live streaming..!!

Need more support?