cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Musicians

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write music with Paper

Write music with Paper

ArnaudVan
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I've just propose a new feature in Paper: Write Music With LaTeX: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Write-music-with-Paper-with-LaTex/idi-p/716424

If you have other suggestions or if it's a feature you'd like to see, vote and/or leave a comment 😉

Cheers,

3 Replies 3

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @ArnaudVan,

Welcome to the Dropbox Community and thanks for posting here in the Musicians Group!

I really like this idea and think it would be awesome to see something like this on Paper. For those in the Group who may not be familiar with how something like this might work, would you be able to give a little context into how you would use it and perhaps into how it might make your workflow a little easier. 

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Graham

ArnaudVan
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

When I work on a tune (at the moment, mainly jazz standards), I'd like to analyse it then practice it.

I'd like to have parts of the document with Spotify/Tidal/Youtube integration (I think it's aloready there) to link some interpretations of these tunes, then, I'd like to write snippets of scores with some hard parts or with notes or positions I can do on some chords for example.

I'd like to do that without having to copy/paste images from screenshots from MuseScore or iRealPro for example 😉

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to have the whole song or multi lines and so but some snippets could be great.

I hope it helps to contextualise my idea.

Cheers,

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @ArnaudVan,

Thanks so much for this response, it really helps to paint a picture of how a feature like this could help you and fellow musicians with workflow and productivity! 

I wonder if anyone else here in this Group would also like to see a feature like this added. Please let us know here, or better yet, go over to @ArnaudVan's idea and give it a like if you would.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Graham

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Graham Community Manager
    ArnaudVan Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?