cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Photographers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera uploads from my phone and some photos of my cats

Camera uploads from my phone and some photos of my cats

Graham
Community Manager
Now, I’m no professional photographer, but I do really enjoy taking photos and thanks to my smartphone :iphone: I can do this pretty easily, many, many times a day! If there’s one thing that you're almost guaranteed to see me taking photos of, it’s probably my cats. Like, seriously, it’s not even funny how many photos I have of them but I just can’t help myself.

Romario, fans of Brazil's World Cup winning soccer team from 1994 will know the nameRomario, fans of Brazil's World Cup winning soccer team from 1994 will know the name
While my phone is a pretty awesome piece of technology, it doesn’t have an unlimited memory and with my propensity to snap away throughout the day, the memory that it has can fill up pretty quickly. 

Thankfully, camera uploads allows me to take as many photos as I like, without having to worry about filling my phone up :arrows_counterclockwise:

Turn on camera uploads

If you haven’t already got your camera uploads turned on, I highly recommend you do it now. It’s really simple to do and only takes a couple of minutes, but it will save you a lot of time and space in the long run. If like me you're using an Android device, all you need to do is open the mobile app, tap on the menu button and select Settings, then under Features tap on Camera uploads, then tap on Backup photos and when prompted tap Allow :white_check_mark:

If you’re on an iOS device, it’s a little bit different but equally as simple. Just go to the person icon and tap on Camera uploads. Then, tap OK and select what you would like to upload and if you would like to use cell data, then tap Turn on camera uploads.

Organize your photos

Frankie - our latest additionFrankie - our latest addition

I often found myself looking for photos on my phone for ages, only to find I’d scrolled past the tiny image 2 or 3 times before I spotted it. Since I enabled camera uploads, I no longer have this problem because all of the photos I take are automatically added to a folder called Camera uploads in my Dropbox account.

From here, I can move them into different folders, add tags, and do a few other things to help organize my photos, like changing the naming convention and adding various automations. Then I can simply search for the photo I want in the search bar, although I will admit, in my case, searching simply for “cat” doesn’t really make it any easier to find what I’m looking for 👀

Tell us what you think

I’d love to hear about how you use camera uploads so please leave a comment below. I’d also equally love to see some photos of your pets, bonus points for cats! :smile_cat:

5 Replies 5

Barry J
Community Manager

I absolutely love this! Unfortunately, I don't have any cat pictures to share. I would however like to present "Winnie" getting into the Halloween spirit this year!

The hat did not last I'm afraid.

IMG-20231004-WA0001.jpg

BenDBX
Community Manager

This is Haley out on the town this past weekend. My cat can't sit still so all of my photos of her are blurry, but I'm determined to find a good one to post!

PXL_20231007_013546840.jpg

Sam DBX
Community Manager

This is Otis. I like this picture because it truly describes his personality: cranky 😒

Otis.JPG

Katie
Community Manager

Ah @Sam DBX he is very handsome, I would say he looks more pensive 😂

Graham
Community Manager

Big thanks to everyone for sharing all of these wonderful photos of your pets! I'm particularly liking Winnie's Halloween vibes, we're thinking of dressing Romario up as James Bond this year, so I'll be sure to share another photo of him once we get his costume sorted! 

Need more support?