cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't find the option to cancel my subscription

Can't cancel plan based on instructions

Cayelkb
Explorer | Level 3

Can anybody tell me how to cancel my Dropbox subscription? The instructions are not not good and I can't reach them by phone. This is ridiculous

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@Cayelkb wrote:
Can anybody tell me how to cancel my Dropbox subscription?

Check your Plan page and let us know what plan it says you're on. If it says Basic, then you're signed in to a free account and there's nothing to cancel.

If that's the case, use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account that you're being charged for. Once you identify the account, sign in to that account and you should be able to cancel the subscription at the bottom of the Plan page.

Frankj
New member | Level 2
Dropbox are a bunch of filthy criminals. Almost impossible to cancel. I’ve been racking my brain for 30 minutes. The articles that advise are inaccurate. They are the worst

Rich
Super User II

@Frankj wrote:
The articles that advise are inaccurate.

The articles are completely accurate. How you cancel depends on how you subscribed. If you subscribed through a mobile device and you pay through Apple or Google, then you need to cancel with Apple or Google. If you subscribed through the Dropbox website, you can cancel from your Plan page linked above.

Again, if your Plan page says your on a Basic account, then you're signed in to a free account and there's nothing to cancel.

Let us know how you subscribed and what your Plan page says, and we may be able to assist further.

Ctdorsa
New member | Level 2

Unbelievable... ever other paragraph there's an upgrade option.. NO WHERE is there an option to cancel..or a phone number...

Rich
Super User II

@Ctdorsa wrote:
Unbelievable... ever other paragraph there's an upgrade option.. NO WHERE is there an option to cancel..or a phone number...

Open this link. What plan does it say you're on? If it says Basic, then the account you're signed into is not on a paid subscription so there's nothing to cancel.

If that's the case but you're still paying for a subscription, use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're paying for.

Need more support?