cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Free trial

Am I going to get charged for a plan after a trial?

Robert  Hadfield
Explorer | Level 3

10/9/23 - I received an email on 10/6/23 saying my free trial ends 10/14/23 and I will be billed for my Dropbox Plus subscription. When I clicked on the "manage your subscription" link in the email it took me to the page that said my Dropbox subscription was Dropbox basic - free. Why does the email say Dropbox Plus subscription and the Manage Account / Subscription page says Dropbox Basic - Free.

I went to the avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top-right corner, clicked Settings and there was no plan link / no cancel plan at the bottom of the page and I did not purchase Dropbox on a mobile device. Per the comments in the Community forum regarding cancellation - if there is no plan link, you already have the basic plan and the cancel plan option is not available. However, I did not receive an email from Dropbox that my trial subscription had been cancelled. And I go back to the email referencing I will be billed for my Dropbox Plus subscription. Again, why did I get the email stating I will be billed for my Dropbox Plus subscription. Am I going to get charged for a plan?

As you know there is no way to contact Dropbox via phone, email, or live chat to clarify what is going on with the subscription. The notification I rec'd from Dropbox regarding the subscription was "No Reply". From the comments in the Community forum regarding cancellation, it seems like it other people have had the same issues I am having or may be having once I get charged on 10/14/23.

If my subscription is currently Dropbox Plus and I am going to be charged on 10/14/23 - I want to cancel that subscription. I am requesting a ticket w/ product support to get this situation clarified and / or resolved prior to my credit card being charged on the 10/14/23.

9 Replies 9

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Robert Hadfield - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please clarify what your plan tab reports at the moment? Also, is the email address shown in your account's settings online identical with the one you received this email? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there, Robert. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

lpocock
New member | Level 2

yes you will

I just had my chat disconnected from McKayla who refunded me 19.99 for Octobers charge

She would not refund the September charge

I have never used dropbox

I have nothing in dropbox 

Im being told I signed on and signed up for dropbox

I have not

I asked for a human or a supervisor and was told she was as high up as I would get

if I have a problem I have to contact my bank now

I asked to see that invoice but never was shown it or where she saw it  and then she basically hung up on me

needless to say im now a dog with a bone

keep y'all updated

Rich
Super User II

@lpocock wrote:

Im being told I signed on and signed up for dropbox

I have not

Dropbox can't charge you if they don't have your billing details. If you've never signed up for Dropbox and, more importantly, if you've never given Dropbox your billing details, then someone else likely has and you should be contacting your bank.

Robert  Hadfield
Explorer | Level 3

Could you please clarify what your plan tab reports at the moment? -  This is what I am seeing -

RobertHadfield_0-1697066515741.png

Also, is the email address shown in your account's settings online identical with the one you received this email? - yes, it is the same.

Robert  Hadfield
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your feedback and pls. keep me posted. I rec'd an email w/ a  "ticket number" in addition to Walter's reply, but no additional feedback from that email as of today.

Robert  Hadfield
Explorer | Level 3

@Walter - any feedback on the info I sent on Wednesday?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Robert Hadfield , based on the screenshot you sent us, it looks like you're currently using our Basic, free plan.

If you were using a trial, it would mirror the trial's plan there. 

Now that it's October 16th, did you receive any charges from Dropbox?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CICPA-CGA
New member | Level 2

I cancel the free trial on Mar 9th and received the email, see below picture. but today I received another email, said will charge me after April 6th, (see another picture below)

I am confused. and I can't find a real person help me, only the machine.

CICPACGA_0-1711719812306.png

CICPACGA_1-1711719892964.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CICPA-CGA, thanks for reaching out to us.

Did these two emails go to the same email address?

What do you see under the plan tab in your Dropbox account settings here? Does it show you're still on a trial?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?