cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox debiting $18.49 monthly even though I am on basic

Dropbox debiting $18.49 monthly even though I am on basic

Nadz Banaag
New member | Level 2

I downgraded to Dropbox Basic however every months I still get debited AUD$18.49 on Apple Pay. This has been happening for months. Yet when I try to use Dropbox it says I am still, and always have been, on Basic and am over my storage limit so can't access any of my files or do anything. Pretty awesome. I've been trying to request a refund, but because my Dropbox account is apparently only 'Basic', I'm prevented from contacting a human being about fixing this. What can I do? And how do I contact Dropbox

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Nadz Banaag wrote:
I downgraded to Dropbox Basic however every months I still get debited AUD$18.49 on Apple Pay.

How did you downgrade? Did you do it through the Dropbox website or did you cancel your subscription through the Subscriptions section on your Apple device?

Are you sure you don't have more than one account? That's often the case when you're being charged but have a Basic account. Also does your Basic account use the same email address that you use for purchases through your Apple device?

I've been trying to request a refund ...

You would actually need to contact Apple as they're the ones that have been charging you. Dropbox doesn't handle your billing so they wouldn't be able to provide a refund.

... because my Dropbox account is apparently only 'Basic', I'm prevented from contacting a human being about fixing this.

You can try contacting Support, but as said it's Apple that you'll likely need to contact. To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?