cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error before paying

Error before paying

aeyzaguirre
New member | Level 2

Hello, Dropbox downgraded my plan for not paying (I didnt realized that there was a problem with my credit card). Te thing is that Im trying to pay again for the upgraded plan, yet there's an error before I can eve try to pay.

I have tried from different browsers and wifi networks, yet nothing works. Please help me because all info from my work is here.

The error is in the following screenshot:

aeyzaguirre_0-1678980376284.png

Thank you!!

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @aeyzaguirre, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May I ask if you could try another credit card or payment method and let us know if this persists?

Also, did you buy your previous subscription directly from our website or maybe through the app store on a mobile device?

Let us know of any updates anyhow! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

aeyzaguirre
New member | Level 2

Hey Walter, thank you for your response.

The problem goes before introducing the data of any payment method. So, whichever card Im introducing, it doesnt allow to click on the payment button.

Yes, my previous suscription was done through the App Store, because I've just saw that I received an email from Dropbox saying that they couldnt process the payment renovation because of an issue within the payment method in the app store. The email I've got said this:

Hello Agustin:

We're having issues with your recent Dropbox Plus payment. Don't worry, you retain access to your account, but you must visit the App Store to update your payment details. Apple processes billing for subscriptions launched from the iOS app.

Once you have updated the data, we will bill you again for the service through the App Store. Or, your account will be downgraded to the Dropbox Basic plan after March 13, 2023. Your files won't be deleted, but you'll have less storage space. Your account will go from 2000 GB to 2 GB.

If you have any questions, please contact the Dropbox support team.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update here, @aeyzaguirre.

Can we send you an email, so we can look into this internally?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    aeyzaguirre New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?