cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Upgrade "Early"?

How Can I Upgrade "Early"?

GotThePassports
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi! I'm on a free trial but I don't need the free trial as I know what I want to upgrade. If I leave it to run out on the 20th of July and then upgrade, I will have the annoying debt order on the 20th of the month! I'd rather just upgrade now so all my debit orders are neat. I upgraded to the trial via iPhone app store, I've cancelled it but it still won't let me upgrade or change the billing. Any ideas on how I can upgrade TODAY? Thanks so much 🙂 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update, as you've upgraded to a trial via the iOS app, it wouldn't be possible to upgrade early. 

As you've already cancelled the trial, you'll need to wait until the trial expires and then upgrade manually either via the app again or the Dropbox site.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @GotThePassports, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In general, via the Dropbox site, it would be possible to upgrade a trial early. As you've started the trial via the iOS app, the process might be different.

What options do you see on the subscription page in the iOS app? What plan are you upgrading to?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

GotThePassports
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Jay, 

I've cancelled my free trial on my iPhone (I have a lot of content in my Dropbox already though so I assume it's holding that content until the free trial ends). I'd like to upgrade but it says it will only upgrade once my free trial has ended - even though I have already cancelled the free trail. 

I'm happy to try upgrade via a different meant, that is, not via iPhone - any idea if a switch is possible? I'm not getting any options from within Dropbox even though I have already cancelled. I'm wondering if I must upgrade to a monthly subscription and then upgrade to a yearly from there...then I may get a refund on the dates in between? Would appreciate your insights here! 

Thank you 🙂

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update, as you've upgraded to a trial via the iOS app, it wouldn't be possible to upgrade early. 

As you've already cancelled the trial, you'll need to wait until the trial expires and then upgrade manually either via the app again or the Dropbox site.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

GotThePassports
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks so much. Do you know what will happen to all my content that's uploaded?! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Nothing will happen to the files, as Dropbox doesn't delete files on your account without user interaction.

The only thing that will occur, assuming you're overquota when the plan expires, is that files will stop syncing until you get underquota again (either by deleting files, or upgrading again). 

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

GotThePassports
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you so much! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

GotThePassports Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?