cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a refund?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sam DBX
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Here is some key info on cancelling accounts and refunds

If you want to claim a valid refund, you need to contact support for assistance. This is the safest way to process your personal info (i.e. bank account details, invoices etc) instead on our public forum. 

:dart: Tip: Visit the support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account and the Community Forum, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. 

SamDBX_0-1698229970585.png

SamDBX_1-1698228836370.png

To cancel a paid Dropbox plan, you can follow these instructions. When cancelling, your account will change to Dropbox Basic at the end of your current billing cycle (monthly or yearly) and you should not be charged again

Apple/Direct Debit 
If you purchased your Dropbox subscription via the Apple App Store, you need to reach out to Apple directly to request a refund. Apple's refund policy covers purchases made in the last 90 days only. More info here

If you paid for your Dropbox subscription by direct debit, you are able to request a chargeback through your bank, you can contact them to request a refund.

If you did not create a Dropbox subscription and/or do not recognize the charge:

• Check your billing information (if you have an account). Log in to dropbox.com > Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top-right corner > Click Settings > Click Billing.
SamDBX_2-1698228836378.png

• You can also use our Look up tool to check a credit or debit card purchase
SamDBX_3-1698228836285.png

• Contact support if you don’t have an account and/or would like to report an unauthorised transaction. 

Notes on refunds:
  • If you live in the EU, UK, or Turkey, you qualify for a refund should you cancel your Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, or Essentials subscription within 14 days of the initial purchase. You can contact support to request it.
  • Refunds are often not offered for Dropbox subscriptions and team member licences.
  • You're able to cancel your Paid Account at any time. Refunds are only issued if required by law, so make sure to cancel before your current billing cycle ends if you wish. 

Hope this helps!
Sam 

View solution in original post

491 Replies 491

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @joyanisa74 

You need to follow https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing/refund - note that refunds are only given where legally required. 

If you did not give Dropbox your card details then you need to be contacting your card issuer and reporting fraud. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jorge Pires
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

it's just a joke not to inform a direct contact to solve the problems. should stop selling in Brazil. I canceled a subscription and I can't receive it. Absurd.
Ticket #16967100: Dropbox Support Chat

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting on our forum today, @Jorge Pires

I was able to locate your ticket in our system, and from what our agent mentioned, they’ve processed a refund for your Dropbox subscription. 

If you haven’t done so already, can you please get in touch with your bank? There’s a chance that your refund may still be in pending state, so they’ll be able to check this for you and make sure you receive your refunded money. 

Let me know if you need help after that, though.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Dededede
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Dropbox didn't let me login into my account and system was pushing me for subscription and I had chat with customer service they said they fone the unsubscription and there is not gonna be charge now I got charged! Now I cannot reach any one to talk about matter! How can I get refund

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dededede wrote:
Now I cannot reach any one to talk about matter! How can I get refund

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

iacwc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to know if I cancel my subscription will I get reimbursed for the time I have paid for?   I am asking because I paid for a 1 year renewal in July and have only used about 2 moths of the subscription.  Can I get reimbursed for the unused 10 months?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@iacwc wrote:

I would like to know if I cancel my subscription will I get reimbursed for the time I have paid for? ... Can I get reimbursed for the unused 10 months?

When you cancel a subscription, all you're cancelling is the automatic renewal. You'll retain your account benefits until your next billing cycle at which time your subscription will end and your account will be downgraded back to Basic. There are no refunds.

aotlove
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

want a refund what to do misunderstood the price I think the price of Thai baht

aotlove
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

want a refund what to do misunderstood the price I think the price of Thai baht

Need more support?