cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a refund?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

493 Replies 493

johnHouston
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I made a request to Dropbox for a refund after I found they were charging an expired card for over three years (I do not use Dropbox and have used ~28mb of storage). They agreed the card should not have been charged and refunded the most recent year without issue, but said it was "Dropbox policy" they are unable to refund anything beyond a year. I didn't understand why the previous years were any different than the most recent, but was told by four different Dropbox agents their hands are tied and they pointed to this "Dropbox policy".

Fine, I read through all their policies and Terms of Service and wasn't able to locate this policy anywhere, so I asked. I was then told there isn't a policy and things are handled on a "case by case basis".

So now that there's no policy to point to... they've gone radio silent to every followup email. They are not able to provide any reason or "policy", which is starting to feel their official position is "too bad, you didn't catch us in time".

Be careful out there!

zhaoruxia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I registered a Dropbox account, I received a deduction of 199 USD today but I did not order the 3TB package. This package is not applicable to me and Dropbox didn't show me it will deduct fees. I am very dissatisfied with that charge and now apply for a refund now.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @zhaoruxia, sorry to hear about this.

Have you by any chance reached out to our support team to ask for assistance on this?

If you did, please share your ticket ID with us here, so that we can look it up in our system.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

isaac ashaolu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cancelled my subscription through an agent and was down graded to basic plan. However I was charged for a professional plan and was asked to upgrade. I don't want to upgrade. I want a refund. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You'll need to contact support: www.dropbox.com/support and ask for assistance as its an account related query including sending them the chat logs/email ref. of the reps conversation 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

johnHouston
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I made a request to Dropbox for a refund after I found they were charging an expired card for over three years (I do not use Dropbox and have used ~28mb of storage). They agreed the card should not have been charged and refunded the most recent year without issue, but said it was "Dropbox policy" they are unable to refund anything beyond a year. I didn't understand why the previous years were any different than the most recent, but was told by four different Dropbox agents their hands are tied and they pointed to this "Dropbox policy".

Fine, I read through all their policies and Terms of Service and wasn't able to locate this policy anywhere, so I asked. I was then told there isn't a policy and things are handled on a "case by case basis".

So now that there's no policy to point to... they've gone radio silent to every followup email. They are not able to provide any reason or "policy", which is starting to feel their official position is "too bad, you didn't catch us in time".

Be careful out there!

johnHouston
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Why is my thread being moved and buried in someone else's unrelated post from almost 3 weeks ago?

MWIM1986
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I canceled my plan, because I didn't need it anymore but still got charged. Is there a way that I could get a refund?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @MWIM1986, I hope you're doing well! 

Can I reach out to you, in order for us to have a closer look into this?

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

hockeygirl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I attempted to cancel my subscription, which I was able to do, but not until 2024.  I would like to cancel and receive a refund.  Hoping there is someone who can look into this for me.  Thanks!

Need more support?