cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a refund take to process?

How long does a refund take to process?

AhmadArif1994
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I was auto-charged for an annual dropbox subscription and have been notified by my bank that a refund is pending action by Dropbox. How long will the refund take to process?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @AhmadArif1994, thanks for messaging the Community!

Generally, refunds take 3-5 business days for them to get processed in the system and for the amount to return to your payment provider.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

43 Replies 43

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @AhmadArif1994, thanks for messaging the Community!

Generally, refunds take 3-5 business days for them to get processed in the system and for the amount to return to your payment provider.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

AhmadArif1994
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the reply! If i have any questions, I'll post it to this thread.

AhmadArif1994
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I subscribed to the annual package and cancelled it. I don't have access to DropBox plus anymore. I received a notification from my bank that action is pending on DropBox's side for the refund. Can someone get in touch with me to resolve the problem please?

Thanks

AhmadArif1994
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I've been trying to get in contact with someone to help sort out my refund processing. Can someone confirm if it is in progress or not? I received a notification from my bank that a refund has been requested and it's pending action on Dropbox's side. Can someone please contact me for more details to help me know if I will be getting a refund or not? PLEASE HELP!

Mark
Super User II

You need to contact Dropbox support direct. This is a public forum so nobody here can help.

Note that unless legally required refunds are not normally issued: https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @AhmadArif1994, as Jay mentioned, a refund can take up to 5 business days. 

When did you contact our Support, in order to get the refund, and do you have a ticket number reference to share with me? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

AhmadArif1994
Explorer | Level 3

I haven't been in contact with anyone. There isn't a number to contact. Apparently this forum is the only place I can ask for things now that I cancelled my Dropbox plus account. I just want to know if the refund is being processed. Can someone email me personally to resolve this please?

AhmadArif1994
Explorer | Level 3

I checked my billing information on my profile and it says the status on my refund is completed. Does that mean I will be refunded within the 3-5 business days? I'm just trying to figure out if the refund is being processed please.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @AhmadArif1994

If you're seeing that your refund has been completed, then there's not much we can do on our end (this means that your refund has been approved on Dropbox's side). 

In general, the 3-5 day window mentioned above depends on your bank, so I'd recommend contacting them again to see if they can make your refund available any sooner. In any case, you should see the amount of money you've been refunded in your bank account within the week.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    gabbalba03 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?