cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't successfully accessed my account for more than a year. Did Dropbox delete my files?

I haven't successfully accessed my account for more than a year. Did Dropbox delete my files?

April9
New member | Level 2

I wasn’t able to access my Dropbox account for over a year. I had been trying over and over again to get into my account with no success. Yesterday when I tried to login again, my email created a new account. Does this mean that all of my memories from middle school and I’m high school, including beloved PICTURES OF MY GRANDPARENTS are gone forever? I was a paid member of Dropbox for a long time and this is absolutely devastating and not okay. Is there any possible way I can get these pictures back, I cannot stop crying. This is so so evil. Why would Dropbox do this.

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @April9 - sorry to hear about this.

If you hadn't accessed your Dropbox account over a year, it's most likely that it was closed due to inactivity. 

Only in that case you'd be allowed to create a new account using the same email address.

I wish I had a better answer than this, April.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?