cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for an upgrade, but still have no space and would like to restore deleted files

I paid for an upgrade, but still have no space and would like to restore deleted files

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

First of all, thanks to all who answered my previous question - but the plot thickens and this is a bit complicated.  So here goes:
A) My One Drive is up and running and I would prefer to use One Drive instead of Dropbox. I have run out of space here, but I would be willing to do whatever it takes to close this account. The rub is that I have deleted files here that I would like restored. All of this is my fault because I totally misunderstood the purpose of Dropbox. So A) how can I get those deleted files restored and B) can I transfer those files to my One Drive - I just paid $10 for extra space, but I've still run out of space - I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to have those files restored and to please close this account - I know that one can not have BOTH OneDrive and Dropbox - but OneDrive, as I've said, serves my purpose better than Dropbox - I'm sorry about all of this and I'm asking for help and some resolution - so please help! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox Transfer plan has the same quota as the Basic plan, meaning you get 2 GB of quota.

The 100 GB is for using the Transfer feature on your account, which on a normal Basic plan would be 100 MB. The files could be uploaded directly into a transfer to be sent to someone.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @johnmike59, thanks for posting today!

When you say that you paid for an upgrade, but still have no space, could you let me know which plan you paid for?

Which plan do you see in your account settings and with how much space, please?

I'll happily look into this for you as soon as I have this info, thanks!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hannah, thanks for your reply - here's the link which, I hope, will clarify matters. 

https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks John, but I'm afraid that this is the universal link used to access the plan tab in Dropbox. 

This link will open up my own Dropbox plan page, not yours. 

A screenshot of yours would be great, though!

Thanks!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 10-23-05 Files - Dropbox.png

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hannah, not sure how much of that screenshot you can see, but I did my best - so again, I understand that I cannot have Dropbox and OneDrive at the same time.  I run a blog and amass many photos so I need to know that I have backup if I need a particular image. I have NOTHING against Dropbox and OneDrive is on par in terms of cost - but I am on a fixed income and really don't relish another bill - yet I need the storage - so I am open to all and sundry suggestions, ideas - what have you. Whatever the outcome, thanks so much for your saintly patience, good humor and great help - it is absolutely appreciated - make it a great day! 

John Yodice

NYC 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @johnmike59, it looks like you're on a plan that doesn't provide enough space on your account for the files to sync.

Since you mentioned that you upgraded to a larger plan, please could you clarify exactly what plan is written on the account page?

Alternatively, you can see your recent payments which would give the name of the plan type.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hey Jay, thanks for your swift reply.

It's the Dropbox Transfer plan - one would pay $8 annually for 100 GB - I just remitted $10 for the same amount of space - I misspoke, as I am wont to do when I mentioned an upgrade of my plan. What I wanted to say is that I paid for, what I believed, to be ample storage only to find out that I am out of space.  It doesn't align with what I paid nor with what I expected. I believe I remitted payment on or about September 6 or 7 - right now, I'm using 11.95 MB and I'm maxed out - I would think the 100GB  I paid for would have given more than enough storage space - even allowing for the 11.95 MB overage. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox Transfer plan has the same quota as the Basic plan, meaning you get 2 GB of quota.

The 100 GB is for using the Transfer feature on your account, which on a normal Basic plan would be 100 MB. The files could be uploaded directly into a transfer to be sent to someone.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I see - well, I'm sorry because I totally misunderstood. I DO appreciate all of your help - but my interest and need is for storage and not for transferring/uploading files.  Bottom line - if I need additional storage space, I would need to upgrade and I'm not willing to do that - I feel bad saying that because all of you have been so nice and very helpful, but it's what it is.
Once again, thank you very much for your assistance, patience and forbearance - I'm very grateful. 

Jonathan Yodice 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    CallMeZion New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    johnmike59 Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?