cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lying email. Why do you say I have no space when I do?

Lying email. Why do you say I have no space when I do?

Fullbore
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am using 2.81 GB of 6.75 GB so why did dropbox send this email-

This is a friendly reminder that your Dropbox is almost full! Sadly, it won't save any new changes until it's back in shape. Upgrade your Dropbox today and get up to 3 TB (3,000 GB) of space and powerful sharing features.

72 Replies 72

reflog369
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Two days ago I started getting messages about running out of storage space. I have the free version of 2GB of space but have earned additional space by referring friends. (9.75GB)

Online dropbox shows that I am using 10.1 GB of space yet using explorer, I see that I'm only using 2.2GB of space. Almost everything in the folders is small jpgs and Doc files which really don't take up a lot of space. I have several shared folders but empty them as soon as someone shares something with me. To try and resolve the issue I have tried:

- Finding and deleting large files but there arn't any that I can see
- Using the bot. I keep getting "Increase your storage options"
- Clearing the cache

There is a large discrepancy between the 10.1 GB of space dropbox says I' using and the 2.2 GB I show.

Any advice???

Thnks.........

reflog369
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Well, I was able to answer my own question.

Someone had uploaded a large HIDDEN file (7GB) unknowingly to a  "shared folders". I was finally able to see the size of her usage.

After I deleted all the files including the one I never saw, the space freed up.........

Tnx to all.............

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @gtb! Thanks for posting here.

The actual quota that’s available for your Dropbox account is 5.75GB, as shown when clicking on your avatar (you can also see this here).

The page that you’re currently looking at is just showing the minimum quota for Dropbox Basic, which is indeed 2GB.

Hope that clarifies things.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    reflog369 Explorer | Level 4
    gtb New member | Level 2
    gplhl72 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?