cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more than 3TB for just myself, not a team. I don't have a team. What to do?

Need more than 3TB for just myself, not a team. I don't have a team. What to do?

QuestionBox
Explorer | Level 4

Just pay for the team version of Dropbox? No other alternative?

If so, ok fine. But I am failing to switch to team version of dropbox. I went to "https://www.dropbox.com/plans", and then I clicked "Buy now" Then it says "This account is already connected to a dropbox business account". It's true that I have email2 which I used to use for a business account. But now, all my current 2.5TB data are stored in my email1. Should I go through all the file transfer process to get the 5TB space? It's too troublesome. What should I do really?

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @QuestionBox, thanks for messaging the Community!

Just for clarification, is your Dropbox account connected to a Dropbox Business team?

Or, is it a personal account on its own without any connection to another account?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

QuestionBox
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks. I think they are connected. 

QuestionBox
Explorer | Level 4

Actually I already said they are connected in the original question. 

"I am failing to switch to team version of dropbox. I went to "https://www.dropbox.com/plans", and then I clicked "Buy now" Then it says "This account is already connected to a dropbox business account". It's true that I have email2 which I used to use for a business account. But now, all my current 2.5TB data are stored in my email1. Should I go through all the file transfer process to get the 5TB space? It's too troublesome. What should I do really?"

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @QuestionBox, if your individual account is linked to Dropbox Business account, you won't be able to upgrade this one to Business as well, since two Business accounts cannot be linked to each other.

You'll need to unlink them, in order to upgrade your individual to Business.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    QuestionBox Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?