cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There has been an unauthorized transaction on my card through Dropbox. Help me contact Dropbox

There has been an unauthorized transaction on my card through Dropbox. Help me contact Dropbox

ahm0999
Explorer | Level 3

Someone paid for something on Dropbox using my debit card information. My bank admin told me contact Dropbox and since I don’t have an upgraded plan, I’m not able to. Please help me find a number to contact Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Helen DBX
Dropbox Staff
Hello @ahm0999 

Helen from Dropbox here. Thanks for reaching out about the transaction. 

I’m going log a ticket for you (if you’re logged into your new Dropbox account, this is the email address).  We can then check out this unrecognised payment as soon as you reply with the requested information. 

I appreciate your patience and we look forward to your response on email. 

Best regards, 
Helen 
The Dropbox Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@ahm0999 wrote:
Someone paid for something on Dropbox using my debit card information. My bank admin told me contact Dropbox and since I don’t have an upgraded plan, I’m not able to.

There is no number to call. You need to open a ticket with Support.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Helen DBX
Dropbox Staff
Hello @ahm0999 

Helen from Dropbox here. Thanks for reaching out about the transaction. 

I’m going log a ticket for you (if you’re logged into your new Dropbox account, this is the email address).  We can then check out this unrecognised payment as soon as you reply with the requested information. 

I appreciate your patience and we look forward to your response on email. 

Best regards, 
Helen 
The Dropbox Team
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Helen DBX Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?