cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost mail och password

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

390 Replies 390

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Nicolas666 wrote:

... i accidentally delete my email account with microsoft and they are not able to recover it anymore. today when i tried to log on to dropbox, it initiates a verification to send a code to the old email address.

Without access to the email address you likely won't be able to sign in to the Dropbox account. Your best option is to work with Microsoft to reactivate your email address so you can receive the verification code. If they can't reactivate the email address, perhaps you can re-register it as a new account.

Malnora
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've always been able to login with just email and password, but now a decade later it is wanting me to enter in a 6 digit code sent to the email associating with the account that I no longer have access to. No use contacting Google, I hardly used the email so I just wouldn't even be able to verify anything. The thought of losing all my family pictures from that time makes me ill. Do I need to get a lawyer or how do I go about verifying ownership without the email?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Malnora wrote:

I've always been able to login with just email and password, but now a decade later it is wanting me to enter in a 6 digit code sent to the email associating with the account that I no longer have access to.

Unfortunately, your email address is the only way to verify an account. If you no longer have access to the email address and you're being sent a verification code, you'll need access to the email address before you can gain access to the account. Your best option is to contact the mail provider and see if the email account can be reactivated.

mvcycleart
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am trying to log into a dropbox account for a business we acquired years ago and i don't have access to the email on file to receive the verification code.  Is there anyway to log into my account with two-step verification another way?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@mvcycleart wrote:

I am trying to log into a dropbox account for a business we acquired years ago and i don't have access to the email on file to receive the verification code.  Is there anyway to log into my account with two-step verification another way?

As the link @Rich gave unless you have a device already logged in there isnt a way, no. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mvcycleart, I moved your post to this relevant thread.

Can you check out this article, to see if any of the info here is helpful?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Hello14
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
All my Photos/videos are uploded in dropbox. The mail dosent exsist anymore, and I have forgot the password. I Was logged out when i change my phone. I did a new account to get help to solve my problem. All my Photos/videos is from my girls childhood. Please help!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Hello14 wrote:
The mail dosent exsist anymore, and I have forgot the password.

If you're unable to sign in to your account due to a forgotten or expired password, you'll need access to the email address associated with your Dropbox in order to receive reset information. Without access to the email (or another device already signed in to the account) it's not possible to gain access to the account. Your best option will be to contact the mail provider and see if the email address can be reactivated.

sofiaesss
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi! I need to log in to my Dropbox account but I don't remember my password and I don't have access to my email. I tried to log in a couple of times but each time Dropbox sends me a six number digital code to the email address in which I cannot log in to. Is there any way to access my dropbox content anymore? I really need some files in the account.

Sincerely,

Sofia

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @sofiaesss, sorry to hear about this!

I am afraid that without access to the email address, it'd be tough to gain access to the account itself. Do you have any old, connected devices that would help you see the files in the account?

If I were you, I'd try to contact the email service provider and see if they can reactivate the address -even temporarily- so you can receive the verification code.

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?