cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t share photos/folder as I can't verify my email

Can’t share photos/folder as I can't verify my email

Toma3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’ve just made a new Dropbox account a few days ago (I have used Dropbox in the past and never had this issue)
I made a folder with photos in it to share it with others, but I’m unable to share it, a message comes up saying
“ Click "Verify your email" in the email we sent you.
Before that action can be taken, we need to verify your email address:“
But I haven’t got any emails even though I’ve been trying it for days, nothing in my spam folder either.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tomar3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, Thank you for the reply,

unfortunately that did not work either. I ended up deleting the account all together and made a new one with a different email address which worked. I think what may have happened is that in the past, I had a dropbox account that I then deactivated. I'm not sure but it might have been the same email address and maybe that is what affected it. Hope this helps someone else. I am not sure how to close this off now that my issue is solved. Thank you for all the help anyway

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @Toma3,

Take a look on your account email here. Have you been checking the correct email? 🧐

Toma3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi, thank you for your reply, yes, I’m logged into Dropbox on the app and that’s where I try to share the link to the folder from. When I get the message to check my email, it includes the email address but I left it out in the message I copy and pasted on this forum. I keep clicking “resend” and still no emails. Not sure why

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi from me as well, @Toma3!

Can you also make sure to add no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts and attempt to verify your Dropbox account once more? This may help in some cases. 

Also, is the email address you’ve linked to your Dropbox account personal or corporate?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tomar3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, Thank you for the reply,

unfortunately that did not work either. I ended up deleting the account all together and made a new one with a different email address which worked. I think what may have happened is that in the past, I had a dropbox account that I then deactivated. I'm not sure but it might have been the same email address and maybe that is what affected it. Hope this helps someone else. I am not sure how to close this off now that my issue is solved. Thank you for all the help anyway

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tomar3 New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Toma3 New member | Level 2
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?