cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot join a team!

Cannot join a team!

JoelyMack
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I've started a new job, where they use Dropbox to store all the company's files and folders. I was instructed to create a new Dropbox using my new work email address, which I did, and told I would be invited to the team account. My manager has sent three invites for me to join the team, none of which have come through to my email (not even in junk). My colleague then sent me an invite to access the team folders, which I accepted and I can see that the folders are there, shared with me BUT there is an error message saying I do not have enough storage space on my current plan to access any of the folders, which I desperately need to do in order to do my new job properly!

Please help x

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Hi

As the error says you dont have enough storage space, so, you need to get more space either via upgrades or deleting some stuff from your account.

It may be that the other users have larger quotas due to referrals etc. 

If your employer has a paid for business account ask them to invite you in to that as long as they've enough licences. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JoelyMack
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark,

Thank you for this - my manager says she has invited me to the Business account, but no invites have come through, so we're wondering I needed to create my Dropbox account after I'd received the invite, perhaps? ...

Mark
Super User II

Hi 

No you should just get an email invite to ask you to move your account over. Have a check of junk folders etc. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JoelyMack, sorry to see you're having trouble joining a team.

If you go to this page, are you able to see and accept the team invite?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
    JoelyMack New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?