cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox e-mail old

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

390 Replies 390

Mark Stevens
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello All, 

Our company changed our email addresses.  When they did, the idea was that we would have access that would be on-going with no end.  That didn't pan out.  My old Dropbox is now inaccessible.  I have many important files that are beyond my reach and need to figure this out.   Does anyone have insights for me?

Thank you so much!

Mark

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Mark Stevens wrote:

Our company changed our email addresses. ... My old Dropbox is now inaccessible.

If you've forgotten your password or you're being asked for a one-time security code, then it won't be possible to sign in to your Dropbox account without access to the email address associated with it. The only other option is if you have another active device that's already signed in with which you can receive the code.

Your best chance is to get access to the old email address. If your company still owns the old email domain name, it should be easy for your IT department to set up an email alias that points your old email to your new email.

legacygt777
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm trying to access my dropbox account.  I'm able to type in my user and password but it's asking for a 6 digit code that was sent to an email that doesn't exist anymore so I can't get the code.  

Please help. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @legacygt777, sorry to hear about this.

When you say the email address doesn't exist anymore, can you clarify if you're able to re-create it perhaps?

Let us know and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

legacygt777
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I do have access to that email account anymore.  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @legacygt777, I would actually suggest that you open a private browsing/incognito window and go to this page to submit a help request directly to our support team, so they can assist you further.

Let us know once you receive your ticket number.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Anouschka1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to get excess to my old Dropbox. My old Dropbox is linked to an old e-mail, which I forgot the password from. Recently I found the e-mails password, but Microsoft blocked the e-mails password. I can’t ask for an new Dropbox password, because it’s linked to my old hotmail account. How can I get acces again to my old Dropbox? I had so many old pictures on it. I can cry😭😭😭😭.

Kind regards,

Anouschka

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Anouschka1, thanks for reaching out to us today.

Your best bet in regaining access to your Dropbox account, is to regain access to the email address.

I would absolutely suggest reaching out to Microsoft, so they can help you regain access, because without access to your email, there's not much we can do on our end.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kristy Crooks
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I can't, the email doesn't exist anymore. It would be easier if I could enter extra security questions to verify it's me, like entering a mobile or something. This is really frustrating. Other application's allow you to verify multiple ways, not limited to one way

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Kristy Crooks wrote:
I can't, the email doesn't exist anymore. It would be easier if I could enter extra security questions to verify it's me, like entering a mobile or something. This is really frustrating. Other application's allow you to verify multiple ways, not limited to one way

There were options to set that up when you had access to the account (a second email for example). If you've not done that, however, there is no way to know the actual owner now. 

Without access to the email or a connected device accounts are unrecoverable. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?