cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleting Teams

How can I delete a whole team?

NILC B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How do I delete a Team? Not a team member, a team. I'm the administrator and I cannot find the way in which I can delete a Team that I once created but no longer want.

32 Replies 32

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is exactly the problem: "YOU have allowed your account to be consumed into a team account." 

I'm amazed that dropbox let me to do that by just accepting to join a team.... 

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Its the only way to join a team, by you joining.

Its not amazingly clear to people what that means but the info is available.

PS; is it a biz or a adhoc team?

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It's an adhoc team...

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I would expect a popup of type: "Warning! By joining this team, the ownership of ALL your files of your personal PRO account will be transferred to them"

That is clear! All the rest are weird!

Because this is if fact what is happening by simply accepting to join a team.

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

If its an adhoc team, then they dont really own your files, its not as rigid a group as a biz team.

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

true... that's the only thing keeping me calm until the support will take care and revert the situation.

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

A simple "un-join team" or "leave team" would do the trick

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

For safety sakes I would suggest you unlink a device that contains all your files, such as your pc. In that way even if they screw it up your files are safe.

Theodore M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Not possible. I have 1TB on dropbox and I synchronise only a part of them. That was the reason of going PRO. 😞 Even if I will re-link it will take ages to synchronise...

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Ignoring all the above.

I think your risking alot storing anything you want to keep in the cloud without a physical backup.

Need more support?