cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account missing

Account missing

Hansel 1
New member | Level 2

How do I recover my old Dropbox account I have forgotten the email address and the password but I remember the name i used for registration, this is about 5 to 6 years ago. I'm having very important files there.

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@Hansel 1 wrote:
How do I recover my old Dropbox account I have forgotten the email address and the password but I remember the name i used for registration, this is about 5 to 6 years ago. I'm having very important files there.

You need to know and have access to the email address associated with your Dropbox account before you'll be able to access it. Once you know the email address you used for the account, you can reset the password for the account, if necessary.

That being said, if you haven't accessed the account in 5 or 6 years, then it likely no longer exists. Accounts that are idle for more than a year are deleted due to inactivity.

Hansel 1
New member | Level 2
This is very painful 💔 what I have in that account is my lifetime memories 😢 , all my hard works to show my kids if God bless me in the future, if Dropbox can not save my memories forever then I will never worry my self to upload everything here because I have nothing so important today than what I have lost. Thank you for your response but I delete this account very soon.

stephg
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, hope someone can help me here since it seems Dropbox has no support.

I've been paying for Dropbox for years now, and continuously getting Google Play invoices for it, yet when I tried to sign in to my account, I was just prompted to create a new one. My old one with all my files seems to be completely gone, even though I still pay for it? Help???

Mark
Super User II

How long is it since you logged in? 

Are you sure you are logging in with exactly the same details?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    stephg Explorer | Level 3
    Hansel 1 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?