cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add a new device to my account

Cannot add a new device to my account

T-horn
Helpful | Level 5

I have deleted all devices but two on my Dropbox account and am now trying to add a new tablet.  I can access the account from my existing laptop and phone, but whenever I try from the new tablet, it complains, "Sign-in failed.  Incorrect email or password." 

How can I get the tablet added to my linked devices?  This is a basic account.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

T-horn
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, I deleted the app, downloaded and reinstalled.  Same result when signing in: "Incorrect email or password."

Just now, finally found my mistake in the login info:  used an Apostrophe instead of a Grave Accent -- I didn't realize they were different!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Are only two devices showing at www.dropbox.com/account/security ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

T-horn
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, only two devices.  That's why I'm so puzzled. Three old ones were deleted about a week ago, and only two remain.  I can log onto Dropbox from them, but cannot add the new tablet using the same email and password.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @T-horn, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Dropbox app, to see if that helps?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

T-horn
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, I deleted the app, downloaded and reinstalled.  Same result when signing in: "Incorrect email or password."

Just now, finally found my mistake in the login info:  used an Apostrophe instead of a Grave Accent -- I didn't realize they were different!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

T-horn Helpful | Level 5
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?