cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop dropbox from syncing footage for 2 accounts to go to 1 account?

How do I stop dropbox from syncing footage for 2 accounts to go to 1 account?

tannerpetersonfilm
Explorer | Level 3

I am new to dropbox and don't know much about troubleshooting. 

I am the owner of 2 companies that make videos for real estate and weddings. I have an account for weddings and I have an account for real estate. I am currently signed in to the real estate account in the app but it's syncing all of my files for my wedding footage in the same account, which it shouldn't be doing as I'm in the real estate account. I am using the dropbox syncing tool on my laptop. So when I put footage on my laptop it will sync online. I don't know how to fix this. I don't want my wedding footage stored in another account for no reason. As well, wedding footage needs a lot of storage and my real estate account can't hold all of it. And I'm paying for 2 accounts for a reason.

Hope someone can give me a solution. Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @tannerpetersonfilm, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

If one of the accounts is a Dropbox Business one and the other one an individual account, you can link them on the Dropbox application and access both accounts in order to upload your files.

If, however, both accounts are individual ones, you can only sign in to one account on the desktop app.

Are you sure you're signed into the real estate account, when you add wedding footage to your Dropbox folder to upload them?

Or perhaps you're adding the files to a folder shared between the two accounts?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tannerpetersonfilm
Explorer | Level 3

Yes I was signed into my wedding account when it uploaded. Once I switched over to my other account it started syncing the rest as well

This is when I went into Preferences then went to Sync and unelected the folder. Which it then proceeded to continue its sync. Now I have all the footage on my real estate account. And has causes many other problems. 

This is so frustrating I'm deeply reconsidering my subscription. And there should be a phone number for these kinds of difficult situations. 

I don't have time to troubleshoot these problems. Hope someone even understands my problem

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @tannerpetersonfilm, I understand your frustration and thanks for your feedback here.

I'm still not sure how this could be possible, so can please test this with a brand new test file, like a photo or a document and let me know what you find?

Make sure you're signed in to the correct Dropbox account on the Dropbox desktop app and add the test file, to see where it will sync to.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    tannerpetersonfilm Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?