cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I deleted the admin by accident. What can I do?

I deleted the admin by accident. What can I do?

heej2
Explorer | Level 3

I urgently need help. While distributing permissions in the home menu, I mistakenly deleted the owner=administrator permissions. As a result, the owner=administrator cannot access the main folder and cannot reassign the permissions. What should I do? Please understand that I had to use a translation site to ask this question because I cannot ask in Korean, so the sentences might be awkward.

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Can you re-add him? That should then let him do it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

heej2
Explorer | Level 3
i deleted me, the administrator. So when I try to grant permissions again, it says I don’t have access rights.

Mark
Super User II

You will need to get whoever now has Admin rights to re-add you to the Account.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    heej2 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?