cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Can I resend a referral to someone that hadn't completed all the steps the first time?

Level 2

Can a referral that was sent years ago but the referred person never downloaded dropbox, be resent to that person.  It was so long ago that the email would never be found.

10 Replies

Re: Resending a referral

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, if the referral is still on your account, which you can see from here, it would still apply if they then created a Dropbox account, even without your referral link.

Let me know what you find out on that page, and if the referral is still showing up on that page!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

It does show up as an invitation sent.  But I thought the dropbox had to be downloaded from the invitation so both of us would get extra space.  Thank you for replying.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

You can always resend the referral to that user so they can see the invitation link that way!

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

I keep clicking on the referral to resend but nothing happens.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Have them check the spam folder on their account, but if it isn’t there, have them create an account under the same email you invited them with.

If there are any issues with the referral space not being granted to your and their account, let me know!

Jay

Level 2

The invite was sent in 2012.  Sure it's long gone.  So are you saying that if she downloads dropbox under the email address I sent the invite to, we'll both still get the extra space?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
That’s right, the invite is just an easy way to get an account created, but the system knows if that email address in general has a potential invite associated with it.

Jay

Level 2

this is a lie... had a friend who did this.... referral status says invitation was not accepted and that they are "already using dropbox, sorry."

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi @gabebernal, that message occurs when a referral was sent to an email address which already has a Dropbox account, so you can’t refer them if they have an existing account.

Jay

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can I resend a referral to someone that hadn't completed all the steps the first time?
10 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post