cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DropBox Full

Dropbox Full when trying to upload to shared content

beatmixer0097
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Last August I went to shoot an event in Manhattan Beach CA and was sent an invite to join another accounts DropBox account to make it easy for me to share content I captured during the event and get it up to them since they hosted the account.  The account belongs to the AVP [Association of Volleyball Professionals].  Going into the event, I had a basic FREE 2GB account and accepted their invite [which was sent via email] and since then my account has been FULL and DURING the event last year, I was not able to upload more than the 2GB I was registered for despite uploading to a different account.  How do I address this?  The event is next month and I would like to NOT have to upload to a different medium simply because DB isn't working properly.  

Today July 25 I was sent a link to a folder owned by a wedding photographer in an effort to upload RAW images I have on my HD to HIS DropBox account but again, the transfer stops because of the 2GB limit [MY] account has.  

Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Mark wrote:

If you need only read only access consider leaving the shares and instead asking for a shared link instead. 

@beatmixer0097 

If you just need to be able to upload files to their accounts, you can also ask them to send you a File Request, which allows you to upload files directly to their accounts. You don't even need your own account to do so.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @beatmixer0097 

Dropbox is working I'm afraid. Shared folders use up the quota of everybody in it. So, if you need access to more than 2gb of data you either need to upgrade or get more space: www.dropbox.com/plans and www.dropbox.com/gs.

If you need only read only access consider leaving the shares and instead asking for a shared link instead. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Mark wrote:

@beatmixer0097 

If you just need to be able to upload files to their accounts, you can also ask them to send you a File Request, which allows you to upload files directly to their accounts. You don't even need your own account to do so.

beatmixer0097
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The intent of the share was to upload content [photos] during a 3 day event to the owner of the shared folder.  I'm not sure what you mean between read and the other option but it seems VERY odd that I'm forced to spend money to share images to somehow who has paid for their large account for a job we are trying to complete.  This makes no sense to me but apparently the way it is.  

beatmixer0097
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Appreciate it and this is exactly what I needed and will let the stakeholder know - 

Thanks!

M

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@beatmixer0097 wrote:

... it seems VERY odd that I'm forced to spend money to share images to somehow who has paid for their large account for a job we are trying to complete.

It's because you're not uploading images directly to someone else's larger account. You're uploading them to your own account, into a folder that syncs to someone else's account. You each have your own copy of the files, and the files are in your account so they take up space in your account.

The File Request should serve well in this case.

beatmixer0097
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

OK that makes sense - appreciate your help.

I'll make the proper preparations leading up to the event next month.

Have a great day!

M

Need more support?