cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Space Dropbox Basic Almost Full (Web account Info)

Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message

AndyL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am getting a regular "Your Dropbox is full" pop-up - but I have plenty of space.

This 'appears' to have become a problem since I've added a Work dropbox - though that meay be a red herring.

I get the message despite my personal dropbox only showing 6.6GB  of 8.88GB used and my work dropbox showing 300.7MB of 2GB used.

126 Replies 126

gmiller99
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@JaneA, I've opened a case, Ticket #6218369: DB: Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message.

I appreciate your help!

camerb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It appears that the re-installation workaround worked in my particular case. But are we saying that any time I go over the limit and then back under again that I will need to re-install the program? If so, that seems awfully disappointing.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear it, @pizzle1983! Thanks for letting me know :sunglasses:

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @gmiller99 and @camerb

@gmiller99: Thanks for the follow-up and ticket ID, I’ve made sure that a colleague has been assigned to the case. At your convenience, could you check your inbox for our latest message and let me know if you have any issues locating the reply, so that I make sure that you receive it again? 

- @camerb: Glad to hear that this worked for you! Please keep in mind that because your account's space has been logged correctly in the client logs, you won't need to repeat the installation again. 

Hope this is helpful to you!

Warm regards, 

JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

dvera
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi All, i'm getting that my dropbox account its almost full, after delete a lot of information in my PC Explorer, just leave 1.5GB of Data ad already sync, but Login in my web account i found that still me showing 4.5G of 5GB used, so in web account shows me more data used than in my pc explorer. I deleted cache file and permanent delete option, is there other way to check whats is using my space?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
How did you delete them on your computer? When you deleted them on the computer they should also delete on the website - did that happen?

Or, did you use Selective Sync which just stops syncing to that local device, but, does not stop it being in your account etc.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @dvera

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I’ve moved your post here, so that you check whether any of the replies above help you resolve the notification issue you’ve experienced. 

As a first step, please try unlinking your account to the website, rebooting once and then relinking. 

If this persists, a fresh re-installation will probably help you resolve that. 

Please let me know how this works for you in your reply! 

Thanks, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

lolinc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is so ridiculous. I can't believe the drop-box team isn't smarter than this. I just installed Google drive desktop client instead: Problem solved. 

Woody14u
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have also uninstalled it everywhere as well.

Will soon be stearing the company away from it now as we cannot aford this sort of behaviour for company reliant files.

Have moved to Sync.com. Much better.

pOOB73
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi. When turn on my computer I always get the message (Windows 10 notification) that my dropbox is full and I should upgrade.

Currently my Dropbox is only 62.4% full, since I deleted stuff because of the error message.

But it won't disappear. I even reinstalled Windows, but the message stays.

System info: Windows 10 Home x64, Dropbox Version 30.4.22

Need more support?