cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files aren't showing in Dropbox

Files aren't showing in Dropbox

Karen G.25
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hello! I access files from two computers (laptop and desktop) and have just discovered that my most recent laptop work is not showing up on the desktop or in Dropbox itself. Nothing has changed that I am aware of and I have oodles of space. This syncing is critical to my small business. Recommendations? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Karen - if the logo isnt there then Dropbox isnt running. If it isnt running it cant sync 🙂

Restart it via the dock or reinstall at www.dropbox.com/install

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

What does Dropbox say if you mouse over its icon on the status bar on the laptop and desktop?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Karen G.25
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Mark--thanks for responding! I am currently not where I can check the desktop (PC), but I doubt the problem is there, as it is the files on my laptop that haven't synced up with Dropbox. My laptop is a Mac and the icon doesn't show on my dock. In the Finder, nothing happens if I hover over it.

Bill R.27
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Installed dropbox  not syncing old files from dropbox States up to date. Other 2 units are downloading the old files

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Karen - if the logo isnt there then Dropbox isnt running. If it isnt running it cant sync 🙂

Restart it via the dock or reinstall at www.dropbox.com/install

Karen G.25
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I can't seem to get it to restart via the Launch tool. Rebooting my laptop did not help. If I reinstall, will it smoothly replace what is there or might I have conflicts?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It should simply replace whatever is already there. The only issues I can foresee are if you've any conflicted copies (where a files been open in two places at once), however, if in ANY doubt make a backup before hand. 

gillian d.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi. I am also have trouble with files showing up in dropbox. I have relinked my computer and now I am only seeing old files, and not recent ones that have been added. When I click on the dropbox icon in the menu bar, it says my dropbox is up to date, but the file was added in 2013! In my dropbox folder on my desktop I see more recent files, but not the ones I need.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gillian d. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Karen G.25 New member | Level 1
    Bill R.27 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?