cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove my credit card's information?

How can I remove my credit card's information?

Andrea M.4
New member | Level 1

I would like to permanently remove data of my credit card from my account without specifying another payment method. How can I do it?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Tom H.
Super User

Talking with the staff is the only option.

Please submit a ticket to https://www.dropbox.com/support/
Replies can take a few business days. Priority is given to Pro or Business (formerly Team) accounts.

**Note: If you have also posted to a forum post, please include a link. 

Lee A.1
New member | Level 1

Talking with the staff is the only option. by Tom H.

I have tried talking, it seems they cannot remove the credit card details, or maybe i am not persistent enough.

Well, for the benefit for people with the same problem, where we do not want automatic renewal at the end of the subscription, yet are unable to remove our credit card details. Many of us are uncomfortable with credit card details being stored in a service we no longer need, due to security risk, accidental bill charges etc.

Just wondering are there any external channels for feedback(complain?) against this practice.

rickmarengo
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem.  I cannot delete an old credit card (but I have cancelled it anyway so not worried about that specific issue).

I am more concerned that I am unable to add any new credit cards to replace it.  DropBox has bounced three valid credit cards saying "try again".  However, I hav tried this several times over a 24 hour period.

Still awaiting a human response after support robot acknowledegement email.  Come on DropBox.  Sort yourselves out.

rickmarengo
Explorer | Level 3

Talking to DropBox Support

I have a reply from a support person at DropBox who has suggested I talk with my bank about the credit cards not being acepted by DropBox.

That is all three credit cards that are happily transacting dozens of payments per day on many different internet services?  No, DropBox.  I think this points to your system not my bank's system or any of my credit cards' validity.

Lee A.5
Helpful | Level 5

Use paypal. Pay once and remove that card from paypal immediately. Dropbox will continually charge paypal (and fail) and inform you to update your payment details, before downgrading you. Try the monthly payment method , and upgrade dropbox only if you need it, can save more money compared to the yearly plan. 

Rich
Super User II
Just downgrade your account the day after subscribing and you won't be auto-renewed. You'll remain a Pro subscriber until the end of your current term (monthly or yearly) and at that point you'll be downgraded back to Basic automatically with no further charges.

baconplease
New member | Level 2

The key issue here is the inability to remove payment info.  I shouldn't have to cancel my credit card in order to remove my payment information from my account profile.  Most places allow you to delete cards.  

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

[For account and billing specific inquiries, please contact us through this page: https://www.dropbox.com/support ]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

baconplease New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Lee A.5 Helpful | Level 5
    rickmarengo Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?