cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Exceeded (user receiving notifications)

Storage Exceeded (user receiving notifications)

JWallenstein
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 

One of the users on our Dropbox account is receiving messages that they have exceeded storage capacity. But, I am the admin on the account and have not received these messages (my capacity is not full). 

When looking at her account and mine, it appears that she may be using an outdated version of Dropbox or is syncing to an older version of files in our account. 

How do I unlink her account, and resync her to the latest version? I believe this correct two problems: 1) she'll no longer exceed storage capacity; 2) she'll be sync'd to the correct, updated folders/files. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@JWallenstein wrote:

One of the users on our Dropbox account is receiving messages that they have exceeded storage capacity. But, I am the admin on the account and have not received these messages (my capacity is not full).

Are you on a Dropbox Business plan (either Standard or Advanced) or are you just using a shared folder that you own between multiple accounts?

If this is just a shared folder between accounts, then each account needs to have enough available space in their account to hold the entire shared folder. For instance, if you have a paid account with 2TB of space and you have a folder shared with a Basic user with 2GB of space, if you were to share a folder containing 3GB of data it would fill the Basic account.

If this is a Dropbox Business team account, anyone you invite to join the team would have their account merged into the team, and they would have access to the shared quota for the entire team.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?