cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi All,

after updating to MacOS 12.3 I have not been able to open project files (Premiere/After Effects) without errors of not finding files that are in dropbox as 'online only'. Prior to the Mac update all files would auto download to be on my machine locally. I know there's an issue with full support for OS 12.3... any updates or solutions folks have found?

thanks 

89 Replies 89

Planet Nutshell
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

We are still getting random disconnected file issues. This all started with the Dropbox update. It's super frustrating and is impacting our productivity. One minute files are available in an app such as After Effects, and then if you start the app again later, the files are offline. Really weird. 

MariMarre
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What is going on Dropbox!???? I can't wait for this to be solved. Moving my company to a different platform! GAHH! so frustrated.

themaybeblock
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

This issue is ongoing and greatly affects those using After Effects. I cannot work with the project regardless of the download status of the linked files, they continually give errors in After Effects even after downloading all the missing files. Why is your process breaking everything, Dropbox???? This was not happening before, now it's screwing up my entire pipeline!

themaybeblock
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

GET THE LEAD OUT ALREADY DROPBOX.

dom burgess
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, any news on this? This is the bane of my AE existence at the moment. And like other commenters have said, when working on large and complicated projects, the solution of 'make sure all files are made offline' is not a solution. Plus, I also find that many files won't work even when they are downloaded and the only way to resolve is by changing the source folder's name, which causes even more problems and confusion in the large company I work in. 

Thanks

Dom

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

OS Montery 12.5.1

themaybeblock
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

PLEASE GIVE US A FREAKING UPDATE ALREADY DROPBOX.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone, could you let us know if you're interested in trying the Beta version of the Dropbox desktop application?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes @Jay. If this beta version fixes the issues we've been talking about for a while now

Emmet
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi there, 

We've escalated this to the appropriate team and they just want some more clarifying information.

Does Dropbox appear in the locations sidebar on your finder window? 

Regards,

Emmet  

carriethegreat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

For me, it does not appear there.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Planet Nutshell Helpful | Level 6
    j2762mm Helpful | Level 6
    Megan Dropbox Staff