cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t select and export multiple files in the Dropbox app?

Can’t select and export multiple files in the Dropbox app?

Igatnnos02
Explorer | Level 3

Hey everyone,
Just recently switched to iPhone and I’m a little appalled at how hard it is to use the Dropbox app. As far as I can tell, there is no way to select all files at once in a folder (not even by dragging to select or anything)? Right now I am trying to use Dropbox to move all my photos from my android phone to my iPhone, and as you can imagine, selecting 7,000 photos one by one is nearly impossible. Also, if I select the entire folder with all the files in it, the export button is greyed out. Why is this made to be basically impossible? I’m sure I’m not the only one that works with lots of files and needs to select all of the ones in a folder to export. It’s seems to be possible online, but then what’s the point of the app? Hoping for a resolution, thanks in advance…

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Igatnnos02 wrote:
As far as I can tell, there is no way to select all files at once in a folder ...

You can select multiple files, but there is no Select All option. You have to tap each file you wish to select.

Igatnnos02
Explorer | Level 3

Well then that is utterly retarded and needs to be fixed, I mean come on, I am paying $12 a month for a barely usable service. Those who are on the development team must not even be real creators. If only you could send files with iCloud then I'd ditch Dropbox altogether.

Breeoxd
Helpful | Level 5
You used to be able to. Then they took it away. Stupid as hell. Lost a business customer. Exporting everything and shutting it down.
Need more support?