cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed is down to 20KB/sec

Download speed is down to 20KB/sec

cfw0047
New member | Level 2

It started out at 900KB/sec (acceptable if not still pretty darn slow) and then rapidly descended all the way to a low of 20KB/sec.  It took me five minutes to download a 23MB song for a video project.  Is this normal?   I've started a second download of a very short video (7 MB) and Dropbox is hovering around 60KB/sec.  My internet is at about 100MB/sec download speed (as of a few seconds ago) so it's not an issue on this end.  Just need to know from the community, is this something that happens from time to time or this the norm?

As a comparison, the client just sent the same files through another service, and I was able to download them literally in about three seconds.  With Dropbox it took five minutes.  Is that normal?  What I am missing?

14 Replies 14

gh41
Explorer | Level 3

ISP = Comcast

Have tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Nothing works. It's concerning to me that Dropbox is unable to even acknowledge a problem. I can only answer so many more of their questions. I'm ready for solutions.

mruseless
Explorer | Level 4

I am having a similar issue, including downloads of the dropbox software when I attempted to do a re-install.

Chatted with support, they confirmed there is an issue on their end and engineers are working on a fix. Not sure of ETA.

Stefen H.
Collaborator | Level 8

This appears to be fixed on my end as of a few minutes ago.

mruseless
Explorer | Level 4

Me too

gh41
Explorer | Level 3

Now fixed on my end as well. Nice commiserating with you folks! 🙂 Happy Halloween.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gh41 Explorer | Level 3
    mruseless Explorer | Level 4
    Stefen H. Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?