cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Not Loading from IPhone to Computer Folder to Export to Hard Drive

Dropbox Not Loading from IPhone to Computer Folder to Export to Hard Drive

martendan
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

For years I have always replied on Dropbox to upload my photos and videos from my iphone to my computer. Then, I drag the photos from the dropbox folder on my computer to a harddrive to store my photos. I noticed when transferring my summer photos and videos many events were missing.  Indeed, my dropbox did not upload to my computer's dropbox folder.  I don't know how many months in 2022 that has been the case. What is the best way to get the photos/videos doing this automatically again and to get the ones missed?  It will do recent ones, but not ones from a few months ago. Why?  So far, I go back and just select all for as long as I can, but I'm probably getting doubles and it's tedious. I'm worried it's missing some.  Please advise!  Thanks 

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @martendan, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you! 

How exactly did you upload content from your iPhone to your computer? Did you use a cable to connect the two, or the automatic camera uploads directly from your iPhone? 

If you're missing just some of them, I would suggest you manually upload them to the account, since the recent ones are syncing as they should. Have you tried to manually upload the content that's missing, using your mobile app?

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

martendan
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I have always had it automatically upload.  Never used a cable.  I'm not sure what happened and didn't realize right away.  I have 100s of videos and photos.  What is the best way to get it to scan my libary and have it done what it used it?  Get those photos it missed a few months ago back on my dropbox folder?  Thank you for the response. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @martendan, sorry to jump in here.

If you never plugged your phone in to your computer for the photos/videos to get uploaded, you probably enabled the camera uploads feature on the our mobile app.

Can you open the app, tap on "account" and check if "camera uploads" is set to "on"?

Also, if you tap on the camera uploads option and then on "Back up...", which option is selected there?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

martendan
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry for the delay.  I have been a couple hours today with my dropbox.

Under Backup it says "ALL PHOTOS"  

But, that is where I ran into the issue and ntoiced that wasn't the case as I have also Google Photo that does backup. When comparing my camera roll and both, DROPBOX and GOOGLE PHOTO, my Dropbox missed so many...Please advise

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, @martendan.

Can you try turning camera uploads off and then on again, to see if that helps at all?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    martendan Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?