cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded mp3 files not playing

Force render issues (raw=1) and shared links won't work for hosting.

aRealHumanBartender
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

images were perfect on all browsers until yesterday afternoon - what is the fix or is this a dropbox issue?

117 Replies 117

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It seems like something has actively changed on Dropbox as videos are not rendering either now (see here). However as Dropbox is NOT a hosting tool this is not unexpected - they have previously done similar to stop people using Dropbox as a web host, so, my guess is that this may be the same again.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@kelvinb wrote:

The links are still valid and videos are working in dropbox, just not where embedded. Has something changed or is there a problem with dropbox?

I suspect Dropbox is actively blocking it - Dropbox isnt and never was a hosting platform. They have done this previously and so I wouldnt be shocked if they did it again.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Warden
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This topic https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Create-upload-and-share/I-have-an-xml-file-which-i-share-with-my-own... indicates that raw=1 should work (it broke and was fixed again). It's a 302 redirect which has been re-introduced.

Actually I don't see the difference between sharing a hosted file and serving a hosted file.

Rossorio
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello! I've been using dropbox as a file hosting for my website for a couple months with no issues. My web is stored on Firebase, and it has React elements (I called them Songcards) that allow me to play or download those files on the go. Suddenly, it stopped working. I can't play them, but the download button still redirects me to the proper website, where I can play or download them. Only the <audio> tag and its src property aren't working as they should. I'll provide some screenshots along with a portion of the code that I tested on a different component just to simplify what I'd show to you and remove anything unnecessary.

The right numbers should provide information about song length and the play button should play the file. However, only the download button is working, and it redirects to the download web

You can try the download itself by using the link on the code block.

I'd love any kind of help, since it's something I've been using on a daily basis since a few months ago, and I'm paying for a high storage limit so I can store them all. Thank you!

import React from 'react'; import { useRef } from 'react'; export const Test = () => {    const audioRef = useRef();    const link = 'https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bvmwih1pkzkf66bgdwnfg/Lugia-s-Song-Efecto.mp3?rlkey=lzdbe331pb58wvorc...';    const handlePlay = () => {        audioRef.current.play();    };    return (        <div className='position-relative d-flex flex-column align-items-center mt-5'>            <button onClick={handlePlay}>                Play            </button>            <button onClick={() => { window.open(link, "_blank") }}>                Download            </button>            <audio                ref={audioRef}                src={link}                type="audio/mpeg"            />        </div>    ); } export default Test;

iggy097
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same issue.

iggy097
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same issue.

H96Max
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
04/05/2024
Not able to download the files from Shared Links.
Usually the shared link ends with dl=0 by changing it to dl=1 downloads the file directly, but from today its not downloading!!
I know many of them are facing this situation.
Anybody know what is the reason behind it ?
😞

terryfri3nds
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Jay, 

Yes, it happens in all scenarios. I tried clear cache, private mode, in another browser.

Thomasogmax
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have found a link generator that creates links so that they can now be played. it's just a shame i  now have to spend several days changing all the links

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/dropbox-direct-link-gener/eicoigkfdogflbbcoefagmejoopganmd 

lukaszg
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Im wondering, (again sorry if super noob question) but I managed to video work embedded. Than I copied the link from dropbox and it stopped working (missing file error) Is this possible that every time I generate link or copy link from dropbox its somehow changing (hence video missing info) Are some link generated temporarily rather than as a main link and unchanged? 

Need more support?