cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 when attempting to sign in on the site

Error 500 when attempting to sign in on the site

dbolton1202
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i am getting an error 500 when i try to sign in

ive already cleared my cache and tried using a different browser

i submitted a bug report using the "self serve tool" and received an automated response to use the "self serve tool"

this has been going on since yesterday and i dont see any outages listed on the outages page

someone please get back to me asap with a resolution

107 Replies 107

jason_AFW
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm encountering Error (500) when I try to access my dropbox account on my work computer.

What do I need to do to remedy this issue?

tucsonali
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

me too! I've never received this error before.  Does this mean that their server has crashed??

Viznja
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there anyone from Dropbox on to assist with the error 500 or is this just where everyone comes to complain?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
It says solved as thats a way of 'Sticking' posts of updates together.

See https://status.dropbox.com/ for status updates

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hiker911
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting the error 500 after logging in too. At first, I was alerted my password had expired and requested I change my password. Now when I log in using the new password, I'm getting the Error 500 message. Funny thing, the iOS mobile app is still responding to the old password. Seems the system isn't synxing correctly.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Please see other threads.

It seems Dropbox is having a service issue.

Please see https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Error-messages/error-500/m-p/192873#M10151 for updates (to try and keep everything in one place) and https://status.dropbox.com/

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

tschenfi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Also getting the 500 error. 

james f.21
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

HA!

Just checked the Twitter @dropboxsupport feed.. An outage a month for the last 4 months at least.., Didnt they announce a new CTO last month? Get the coffee out..

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Hiker - you wont be asked to update your password on any connected device as they work on secure tokens not passwords.

snrebar
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    tmongiello New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Svanhildur B. New member | Level 1
    Jonatan K.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?