cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my files out of Dropbox? Why is my quota so much larger than my sync?

How do I get my files out of Dropbox? Why is my quota so much larger than my sync?

Humptydank
New member | Level 2

My plan has expired and I want to remove all of my files from Dropbox.

You would say that I should just set up sync and then I'll have a copy of all my files locally, but my Dropbox stats say that I have 785Gb in Dropbox, but my supposedly-completed sync only takes up 108Gb on my disk.  Why is there such a disparity, and how do I know all my files have synced?

Isn't there some way I can just download them in bulk? If I try to select even single directories it says the files are too big to zip.

I honestly feel like Dropbox wants me to upgrade and are doing everything they can to make leaving their product impossible, and this is starting to drive me a little nuts.

Thanks for any help!

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Humptydank, thanks for posting today!

Is it possible that you have a backup on your account taking up quota?

Do you have selective sync enabled, or are files not marked as available offline?

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Humptydank
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the reply.

• I don't ever recall interacting with Dropbox backup, nor is it likely, I use a different backup solution.  Your system also doesn't indicaate any backups set up.
  • All files are selected for sync.
  • There's no option for available offline in the app as indicated in your link.

The problem appears to be with two large directories -- one is 180Gb and one is 450Gb that are not syncing.  Both those directories are listed as 7k each on the destination machine.

There is plenty of space on the destination disc, but I need to be given a way to get those to download or be given a way to receive all my files as a bulk download.

How do I contact official support to get this solved?  I am trying to leave your service.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Regarding support options, they vary depending upon your current plan. You can view all your available options when signed into your account on this page

The only method to get the information from your account would be to manually download it from the site, or install the Dropbox desktop application and allow the files to sync down from the site onto your machine.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Humptydank New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?