cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I stop Dropbox from Pulling Images from My uploaded files and displaying them?

How do I stop Dropbox from Pulling Images from My uploaded files and displaying them?

ncole
Helpful | Level 5

How do I stop Dropbox from Pulling Images from My uploaded files and displaying them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@ncole wrote:

Any and all images from those files are also now showing in the 'Photos' area.

The Photos page is a special page that shows all of the images throughout your entire Dropbox account. There's no way to disable this or exclude folders from being included.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ncole, thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you clarify what you mean a bit more? 

Which platform are you referring to? Are you perhaps talking about the Home tab on the Dropbox mobile app?

Any additional info or screenshots explaining your issue, would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ncole
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Hannah, I'm on an M1 Mac, using Ventura.  I'm using Dropbox 'Backup' for an external drive only. However, the files from the external hard drive that are uploaded to Dropbox are being perused by Dropbox. Any and all images from those files are also now showing in the 'Photos' area.  Although I do have Photos on this computer, the 'Pictures Folder' is empty, so no pictures are being uploaded from my main drive. I had already previously stopped Dropbox from having access to any part of the main computer (which has caused serious conflicts by itself.)  

Rich
Super User II

@ncole wrote:

Any and all images from those files are also now showing in the 'Photos' area.

The Photos page is a special page that shows all of the images throughout your entire Dropbox account. There's no way to disable this or exclude folders from being included.

ncole
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you, Rich

Need more support?