cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I updated Windows and now my Dropbox keeps showing this.

I updated Windows and now my Dropbox keeps showing this.

JeM666
Helpful | Level 6

Hey All

Since I did some Win$lows updates the other day my dropbox keeps showing me this 

JeM666_0-1689021394381.png

Can anyone help with this? not all the directories in my dox folder have a red exclamation just a few

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JeM666
Helpful | Level 6

Firstly Thank you for the fast response Rich

okay I used to have Micro$oft OneDrive on my system however i uninstalled this in favour for Dropbox. Yes the files are syncing and updating correctly ( check local v's online copies), just wondered why the red exclamation mark was there, ah ha apparently adobe creative cloud is also trying to back up to that location as well. Uninstalled that and the folders are all green ticks again. instead of just backing up my PDF's Folder it was trying to backup the entire documents, pictures/videos and all the other stuff

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@JeM666 wrote:

all the directories in my dox folder have a red exclamation

That's not a Dropbox icon. Do you have any other applications installed that use icon overlays? OneDrive or other sync software, an SVN client, etc? Is Dropbox working normally, otherwise? Files are still syncing?

JeM666
Helpful | Level 6

Firstly Thank you for the fast response Rich

okay I used to have Micro$oft OneDrive on my system however i uninstalled this in favour for Dropbox. Yes the files are syncing and updating correctly ( check local v's online copies), just wondered why the red exclamation mark was there, ah ha apparently adobe creative cloud is also trying to back up to that location as well. Uninstalled that and the folders are all green ticks again. instead of just backing up my PDF's Folder it was trying to backup the entire documents, pictures/videos and all the other stuff

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JeM666 Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?