cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to upload 10 000 pictures

I want to upload 10 000 pictures

Mads
Explorer | Level 3

I have an iPhone 7 with 9625 pictures and 228 videos. It's full now, and I'm desperate to empty my phone. I want to move all these images and videos to folders on my PC (Windows 10). 

I've had three different iPhones, and I've always connected it to the PC with a cable, and then it has appeared on my PC as a device. I've then found the iPhone folders and copied and pasted pictures and videos. 

But my iPhone 7 does not appear as an device, although I get a confirmation sound when I connect the cable, and I also approve the connection in a pop up box on my phone. I've also tried to upload via the Photos program on my PC, but Photos keep saying that I have to "connect device" – although it is connected. Something is wrong. 

I have iCloud, and all of my images and videos appear on iCloud.com, but I can download only one at a time. 

I have now signed up for Dropbox, but I don't find out how I can transfer thousands of pictures from my iPhone to my PC. Anyone who knows if Dropbox can fix this? I would be very thankful! 🙂

Mads, Norway

12 Replies 12

Mads
Explorer | Level 3
Strange. My iPhone 7 is completely new, so is my Asus PC. Do I have to look for drivers for iPhone? I have the latest software. Or are you thinking about other drivers?

I'm not a fan of iTunes, I hoped I could do without.

Rich
Super User II

@Mads wrote:

I clicked on the camera symbol above here, but I didn't understan how to upload a picture.

I believe only mods and admins can acutally upload an image. Other users can include an image but it needs to be uploaded elsewhere and linked back here. When you click the camera icon it's asking you for the URL of the photo you want to include in your post.

I'm not a fan of iTunes, I hoped I could do without.

You often can't. Even if you don't run it regularly, it's good to have it installed and you use it at least once to connect to your phone. At a minimum, it shows that the connection is working. Any time I've had issues connecting an iPhone to a computer, I've installed iTunes and the problem has been resolved.

Mads
Explorer | Level 3
It looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/jQ2JV

The number next to 'filer' (files) has decreased since yesterday, but the number next to 'bilder' (pictures) is increasing. Isn't this suppose to upload? Nothing is happening.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mads Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?