cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I was added to a Dropbox Business team but can't access the team files

I was added to a Dropbox Business team but can't access the team files

andrea941
New member | Level 2

I am trying to see files from someone that added me as a team member and it only added a 4 files from his dropbox. I need to be able to see and access the hundreds of files that he has. He has added me as a team member. We are not sure where to go from here. Am I needing to purchase more storage to access these files even though he is paying for that already?

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @andrea941, welcome to our Community.

As long as you've been added as a member to this Dropbox Business team, you don't need to purchase your own space to access the files.

Do you know where the files are currently located in the admin's account?

Is it possible that they're just in the folder with their name on it? That would be the 'team member folder', so only the person accessing that account would be able to access the files.

If the files are in a team folder in the team space instead, you should be able to access them, if the admin has given you access.

You can read more on how to go about sharing files in a team environment here.

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?