cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with excel, when I opened, show as view only

Issue with excel, when I opened, show as view only

ricardodesantia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

it's on a shared folder, office fully updates, windows fully update, it happens to a partner on the office but, he was able to fix only formatting the computer.

I try also, File/options/trust center click on trust center settings, protected view and disable all the boxes and doesn't work.

I have permissions to save, but I can't.

I disable the antivirus an doesn't work.

Sometimes that I opened i'm able to edit the files, sometimes not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ricardodesantia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi again, looks like it's a problem with our Office licenses.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey ricardodesantia, thanks for posting us your question on the Dropbox Forum! 

Based on your description, I would suspect that the sender has uploaded the file on the shared folder as Read-Only, which essentially means that  each user that opens the workbook has a copy of the original file (if so, you may find out how to resolve that with a simple search on your browser). Now Ricardo, could you please ask the sender whether this applies to this file? 

In case you have further inquiries about this behavior, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) of the message you’re getting in your next post here, so as to have a clearer picture & further advise. 

Thanks again for taking the time to gather this info for me & please do keep me updated on how my advice works for you on this discussion & I’ll check back with you in a bit more depth. Wishing you a wonderful Friday!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

ricardodesantia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Here is a link to a Image of Excel worksheet. 
The file was shared with other 4 persons and I'm the only one who cannot edit the file

ricardodesantia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi again, looks like it's a problem with our Office licenses.

Thanks

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @ricardodesantia, thanks for taking this extra step for me. Please note that I’m unable to access your screenshot for security reasons, though I’m glad to hear that you’ve got this figured out on your end & I appreciate your prompt update on our conversation here. 

It was my initial understanding that you were experiencing this behavior locally on your device, whereas based on your last post Ricardo, it’s now clearer that you were facing this issue on your account online. 

You may keep in mind that while you don’t need a Microsoft account or Office license to edit your files on a Dropbox Basic or ..., if-on the other hand- you have a Dropbox Business account, you will need an enterprise Microsoft account with a license that allows editing in Office Online (Business, Business Essentials, Business Premium, ProPlus, E1, E3, E4, or E5).

In any event, it was a pleasure discussing that with you Ricardo. Our Community wall is always open to further inquiries or feedback & it’ll be a pleasure to hear back from you in the future. Happy editing & I hope you have a fruitful & creative October ahead!  :umbrella:

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    ricardodesantia New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?