cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My uploaded videos are blurry, why?

My uploaded videos are blurry, why?

Tom40
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,
Could you please help ? I just joined Dropbox to save my pics/videos. But the video I uploaded are blurred (app on my mobile phone). Is it normal ? Thanks

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @Tom40, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Dropbox wouldn't affect the quality of your files when they're uploaded. 

If you preview the videos on a desktop machine, do the videos still appear blurry? Does this occur when you export the files, or offline them on the mobile app?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Tom40
Explorer | Level 4
Hi,

On both my laptop and mobile phone, the video (video taken with my iPhone11) I uploaded on Dropbox are not nice/clear (blurred). How come ? Can you solve this?

Thanks
Regards
Thomas

Rich
Super User II

@Tom40 wrote:
On both my laptop and mobile phone, the video (video taken with my iPhone11) I uploaded on Dropbox are not nice/clear (blurred). How come ? Can you solve this?

As Jay mentioned, Dropbox doesn't alter your files. It doesn't (and can't) make your videos blurry when you upload them. If they're blurry in Dropbox, then they were blurry when they were shot, unless something else is altering them before they're uploaded.

That being said, if you're viewing the videos on the Dropbox website then what you're looking at is just a preview on the original video. You need to download and watch the video on your own device to see the original quality. The website isn't meant as a streaming service, but as a way to provide a quick preview of the file before downloading.

Sarenas
New member | Level 2
I have had the same issue with videos. If you save them from drop box to your picture app then view perfectly.

Hannah C
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi Sarenas,

Could you share a bit more info about the video file itself? How long is the video and how big is the file? What resolution is the original file?

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah C Dropbox Product Manager
    Sarenas New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Tom40 Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?