cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Online excel issue, links are not clickable and only on right click allowing to open the file

Online excel issue, links are not clickable and only on right click allowing to open the file

Ashok Pinnuri
New member | Level 2

In the Dropbox desktop app, I am able to perform all operations in excel, whereas the same is not able to do the online version. This used to be fine till one day before. Not sure what happened, can some one provide any help here?

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ashok Pinnuri, I'd be more than happy to help! 

Does this happen on a specific browser? Have you tried a different one, by any chance? 

Could you also send me a couple of screenshots of the steps that you follow, in order for me to have a clear visual too?

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ashok Pinnuri
New member | Level 2

Thanks, Megan for the reply. I found the issue and it is the default behavior. When any excel file is opened with "View in dropbox.com" then it will not allow editing. This is where I was looking for a solution for editing. If you know any of this, pls reply.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Ashok Pinnuri, sorry to jump in here.

You should be able to edit your Office files from our website as well.

If you go to dropbox.com, locate the file, open it and then click on "open in" and choose "Excel for the web", does it allow you to edit?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?