cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preserving time-date stamps

Preserving time-date stamps

John64
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I download a file from my dropbox account, it gets a new time-date stamp. When I download a folder and extract the zipped folder, all the files get new time-date stamps. It's important for me to preserve the original time-date stamps. How can I retrieve my files and folders with the original time-date information they had when I uploaded them to Dropbox?  Using Windows 7.

14 Replies 14

Heenanmeister
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, works for me.

Jazzee
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

For the record, we use both Dropbox and Google Drive and we use the web interface.  Google preserves the original file date and time and displays it as such.  Also, any FTP program for file transfer to an FTP or Webserver preserves the date and time.  Dropbox is in the minority as far as it not reading the file date and time and preserving it when you upload to Dropbox.

mensa0505
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
How do I do this with my iphone? I am trying to download or "move" my dropbox pictures to my iphone but when I do, it gives it a new timestamp. I had downloaded 7 pictures and they did download with the original timestamp and now, it is not doing that. Why would it change?

robnyland
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This doesnt work for me—with folders, the date shown is the date it synced to the computer, not the date it was last used .   This messes up the whole "recently used" at top order that I rely on. It drives me insane. I get a new laptop and sync w deskptop app and all tjhe folders that sync to new computer have that day. Inside the contents ahev their last used date but th fodlers are all the same date. It's insane, everyone hates it and I dont know why they cant fix it. is there a workaround? I want my folders to stay with last used/opened date. Even on new Mac.

jaresing
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Welcome to the big dropbox problem.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jaresing Helpful | Level 6
    robnyland New member | Level 2
    mensa0505 New member | Level 2
    Jazzee Helpful | Level 6
    Heenanmeister New member | Level 2